Tuesday 29 March 2016

5 days to go!

Hi guys,

Hope you are all well.

It is now Tuesday the 29th March 2016 which makes it 5 days before me and my dad are scheduled to take part in the Paris Marathon. It really isn't long now and we are both looking forward to the challenge that awaits us.

I feel like my training has gone really well. A few weeks ago I took a day off work to cover between 17-19 miles twice in three days. It was fairly exhausting and very difficult but it gave me even more confidence that I will be able to finish the 26.2 miles marathon on Sunday. I've also still been running with Lancashire Red Rose Road runners and they have been an incredible help and it has helped me to get fit.

I have also got upto £660 so far which I am so happy with. At work I am scheduled to have a cake sale on Thursday which I hope will bring in more money. Local business Indulgence have agreed to donate a cake and I will hopefully find out tomorrow if any of the local supermarkets such as Sainsburys and Waitrose will donate some too.

I have got to say the support from all the charities have been excellent. Going to give a special mention to Aimee who is one of the co-founders of Lilly Uganda for all her encouraging words and support. Also going to give a special mention to Sarah from St Catherine's Hospice for her support in getting our article into the Lancashire Evening Post and for everything that she has done to support us.

I would encourage you all to support these charities in whatever way you can because they are all wonderful charities and help to support others in different ways but they all have a number of beautiful things in common, They are all supporting communities and individuals by offering strength, support and comfort at times where many of the people using their services may find it impossible to have those otherwise. In other words they are all looking after and caring for the human race which is a responsibility on all of us. Please check out their websites and support them in any way you can.

http://www.lillyuganda.org/

https://www.stcatherines.co.uk/

http://www.mind.org.uk/

Last but not least if anyone still wishes to donate, they can do by clicking on the link below.

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/fundraiser/showFundraiserProfilePage.action?userUrl=lillyugandamindstcatherines

Thanks for reading guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment