Wednesday 13 July 2016

Back on the running

Hi guys,

Hope you are all well and thank you again for viewing my blog.

I'm hoping to start running again tomorrow as Ramadan has now finished. I'm really excited but kind of nervous as I haven't been running for approximately 6 weeks but i'm just aiming to give it my best shot and see how it goes.

I feel like with running i've found a really good hobby. However it isn't the running that I mainly enjoy although I do like to keep fit. I really enjoy the social aspect that I get through running with my club (Lancashire Red Rose Road Runners) as they have always been an amazing supportive bunch. I'm hoping to see all the old and new faces again on my return. On Thursday's you have the choice of doing 3 distances and i'm even tempted to do the longer distance which is meant to be nearly 8 miles tomorrow.

I need to get back into the swing of things with regards to fitness as I have a lot of events planned in the near future. I'm planning to do the 3 peaks challenge with a group of people including a former colleague of mine called Michelle, Preston 10k run, Manchester half marathon, Bolton half marathon and a marathon next year with the lovely Sarah which I have mentioned on a previous blog post. I'm really looking forward to them all but the 3 peaks challenge in particular as this is something i've been wanting to do for a long time.

I am planning to do all these events in aid of a beautiful charity called FLOS which stands for Four Legged Orphan Sanctuary which looks after and helps abandoned animals in Morroco and Sarah has also mentioned that she is planning to do a few 10k runs in the build up as it will be her first marathon and she has already started training so please support us by donating and sharing the following link. https://www.gofundme.com/flosmarathon

That is all for now guys but I hope to keep you guys updated soon :)

Twitter @falidude

No comments:

Post a Comment