Wednesday 3 August 2016

Running better

hi guys,

Thank you again for taking the time to visit my blog.

It has been a couple of weeks now so thought I would give you guys an update about how the running has been going as well as a few other things.

Last time I blogged it was the end of Ramadan and it has taken now I have fully got back into the swing of running again with my amazing club Lancashire Red Rose Road Runners as well as doing some parkruns on the weekend. The first few sessions were really tough. I guess this could be a combination of not running for a few weeks as well as the heat.

1 run we did on a Tuesday evening a few weeks ago was on the hottest day of the year so far. Whilst I was out with the club towards the end I was counting down the miles until we got back to base. It was  a struggle. It felt like it was harder then a marathon and it was only around 5 or 6 miles. However there is also a positive as it made me realise how mentally tough and stubborn I can be.

I'm really enjoying getting back into exercise after Ramadan. Had a few gym sessions and have even been to a few classes. Went to a spinning class last week, just before running with the club. I was a bit apprehensive to go as I thought I could be shattered at running but I was determined at the same time.  After spinning I quickly got the bus down to the leisure centre to meet with the group and off we went. For the first 10-15 minutes I struggled and I presumed that was because of the spinning class but then all of a sudden I felt lots of power, strength and energy in my legs and I ran really well. Up until that point it was one of the best training runs I've done. I don't know whether or not it was due to spinning just before but even as I'm writing this post I'm thinking where did that run come from? We did around 6 miles and it felt amazing at the end.

Following on from that I also went to our Thursday session and it was more of the same. On Thursday we normally have 3 distances short, medium and long. Went for medium but again started at moderate pace but towards the end it really picked up and again I was really happy. The same thing happened yesterday at running too. I hope I manage to keep this up.

Some of you who have read my previous blog posts may remember Sarah who I am planning to run a marathon with next year. Sarah has also been doing amazingly well in her training and just ran 14km which I think roughly equates to 8 miles. She is well on the way and is doing amazingly well. As mentioned in my previous blog posts myself, Sarah and Luke are planning to do the marathon for the Four Legged Orphan Sanctuary (Flos) who look after animals who have been mistreated and abandoned in Morocco.

If any of you wish to sponsor myself, Sarah and Luke please check out the gofundme link below. I have also included the website link from the charity. Feel free to check that out too.

https://www.gofundme.com/flosmarathon

http://www.flosanimals.com/

Along with the marathon I am also planning to do the 3 peaks (also for Flos) with a former colleague of mine Michelle and another group. Michelle has decided to raise some money for Rosmere Cancer Foundation for personal reasons. Cancer is 1 of those illnesses which is commonly heard of and has affected a large number of people and fundraising is vital to help those who are suffering with cancer as well as their loved ones. Michelle is also a great girl guys so if any of you wish to donate please check the justgiving link below and show your support. I have also included the link to Rosmere Cancer Foundations page if you wish to find out more information about the charity.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Michelle-Iddon6?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=fundraisingpage&utm_content=Michelle-Iddon6&utm_campaign=https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Michelle-Iddon6?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=fundraisingpage&utm_content=Michelle-Iddon6&utm_campaign=pfp-sharepfp-share

http://www.rosemere.org.uk/

Thanks again for all your amazing support guys. I hope to keep you all updated soon.

If any of you wish to follow me on Twitter you can do here @falidude



1 comment:

  1. I love this! I definitely need to start running too X

    ReplyDelete